Tuesday, December 30, 2014

This is all very random

I was really terrible at taking pictures when I was home; I'm not blaming the fever, but it might have been the fever. (Ok, I just blamed the fever. The fever can have it.)

Anyway. Here are a few random photos that make me happy, in no particular order.

Being in Sweden means catching up with as many friends as possible, as many times as possible. This trip was no exception, although there is little documentation of the social events I attended. Luckily, some of my very best companions are selfie-addicts; thus, I can at least prove that I got to spend some time with these lovely creatures:


My faithful sisters in crime, how I miss you (and your little saplings) when I'm away!

Christmas Eve was rainy, as tradition has it, but the weather gods kindly offered a couple of crisp, cold, snowy days after that.


I'd say it qualifies as a White Christmas, especially seeing as this guy suddenly showed up at our doorstep:


Hullo, fellow Frost!

When I wasn't out frolicking with snowmen and childhood friends, most of my days in Halmstad revolved around yummy treats like these:


The not-too-shabby view from my sickbed (i.e. the living room couch):


Biathlon! For those who don't know, Swedes can't get enough of it. It's a genetic disorder we share with the Norwegians.

This year we didn't bother with putting the Christmas gifts under the tree until about 10 minutes before it was time to open them. I just kind of forgot about it (damn you, fever!). I have to say that mine had the prettiest labels, though; handcrafted by yours truly.


Yeah, and Gothenburg was pretty too.


Ok. That's all, folks. You can go home now. (Damn you, fever!)

2 comments:

  1. <3
    drömde om dig i natt ;) vi skulle bada och simma till en jättebrygga/båt, men det var stora vågor och en massa tumlare i vattnet (oh no!?) så vi vågade inte riktigt... bryggan kom inåt och hämtade oss och jag lyckades hoppa på men du blev kvar på stranden... ja jag saknar dig nog allt när du åker iväg ;) <3

    Gott nytt år fina du!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! Bada med tumlare? Skräcken. :S Nästa gång hoppas jag att jag får åka med dig på båten... Massa kramar! <3

      Delete