Sunday, April 20, 2014

'Sup?

It's been more quiet here than usual lately, and you might wonder what I'm up to when I'm not blogging, i.e. about 98.7% of my waking hours. Well, I'm writing. I've been working quite hard to wrap up a scientific manuscript; my first as main author since starting in the Press Lab. It's been quite stressful at times, but I think it'll turn out rather well in the end. In addition, I've been doing a fair amount of reading and writing for a number of "extracurricular" projects I'm engaged in, at the Hutch and at Bio Ventures for Global Health, which is a non-profit organization I'm volunteering for on my spare time. In case you didn't know: I have a tendency to keep myself busy.

I've managed to do some traveling too; two weeks ago I went to St. Louis, MO, as a representative for the Fred Hutch postdocs at the National Postdoctoral Association 2014 Annual Meeting. It was intense, starting just a couple of hours after my arrival when a tornado hit the city. After that, the drama subsided but the pace was kept high with seminars, workshops, networking sessions, and social events for three days. A word of advice: if you happen to be in the area, go to City Museum; the craziest place I've ever visited.

Fun fact: in June I'll revisit this city to present my research at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. A little weird though; what's up with all the Annual Meetings, St. Louis?

No comments:

Post a Comment