Thursday, June 12, 2014

Staying put, kicking back

Oh my, how lovely it is to be back in Seattle! The meeting in St. Louis was massive, and I feel completely drained of energy after five intense days of listening, learning, reading, networking, and chatting - not to mention fretting about my presentation that I had to wait until the very last day to get out of my system. However, everything went well (really well, I think!) and I had a great time, especially as I was lucky enough to spend a majority of the conference in the company of dear old colleagues from Gothenburg.

But now I'm back to regular life and look forward to staying put for a while; working on my papers, planning new studies, and maybe even slowing down a little during summer. I can't even begin to describe the joyous feeling that filled me as I realized that I'll actually be able to just kick back and relax this weekend. I don't have to work or stress over anything! Amazing.

Walking to Fred Hutch this morning was pure bliss; the sun was shining and the weather was mild. I even had time to pause and smell the roses. (And what a rose I found!)


It gets even better: tomorrow night is going to be my night. Awesome plans include:
  1. Drinking tea
  2. Solving crossword puzzles
  3. Eating carrots
  4. Listening to radio
It sounds profoundly mundane, but trust me: it's all I want to do right now. Saturday and Sunday will be full of fun and games, but Friday night is going to be all about me and my comfy chair.

2 comments:

  1. Låter najs! Ha nu en riktigt avslappnande och trevlig helg! :-)

    ReplyDelete