Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm still here

I am! I promise. Things are a bit crazy right now, but I think I see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I have been battling water leaks soaking my bed (twice), camping on the floor, flying back and forth to Tennessee for a conference, giving an almost hour long presentation at a meeting, planning another talk at a local conference, practicing new procedures in the lab, watching soccer, running a half marathon, moonlighting as a travel agent for visiting friends and family, organizing a networking event with some 70 participants, preparing for two complex studies taking place a week apart, fighting recurring nosebleeds, and failing miserably in selected personal interactions. All that (and more) since I came back from Sweden a week and a half ago.

No rest for the wicked...

2 comments:

  1. You forgot you've also been having some fun here and there. Haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure have, which is the most amazing part about all of this, I guess. I should have added: drinking wine, singing karaoke, riding my bike, picnicking in the sun, being reunited with dearly missed friends and colleagues, cuddling with babies, playing games, watching zombie movies... phew! The list goes on and on! :)

      Delete