Monday, December 3, 2012

Sunday Night Football + Zoo

December 2nd was not only the first Sunday of Advent, but also the first Sunday of football - for me, that is. It was finally time for me to get introduced to this #1 sport in the US, and Scott had taken on the mission of teaching me everything I needed to know. He picked me up after lunch and drove to Burien where Shani and the biggest flat-screen tv I've ever set eyes on greeted me.


Besides a home baked loaf of gingerbread (Swedish mjuk pepparkaka) I'd brought to get a little christmasy we feasted on Shani's delicious pizza slices and nachos, and Scott opened up a bottle of tasty Syrah/Grenache wine from Swede Hill (sic) Cellars.

But we were not the only ones being fed...

The rat below was dead from the start; no unnecessary cruelty here. This snake was not so bright though, stubbornly trying to eat the poor creature butt first, which I learned was nearly impossible. It took him a while to figure that out.


This lady knew better. Look at the rat-shaped bulge in her throat, not to mention the tail casually hanging out of her mouth.


Okay, so the rats were dead; these guys were not.


Which made this guy happy.


Shake it like a polaroid picture!


Hey chicks, I eat your unborn children. Have some bread!


Believe it or not; these weren't even half of the animals present. A really interesting day, for sure! (And I haven't even mentioned the guns.)

Football turned out to be a very intriguing game to watch, and I will definitely try to see more of it. It's so much more than just a bunch of huge guys mindlessly running into each other. Also, hanging out with Scott and Shani the whole day was awesome - but that part was less of a surprise. Thanks for a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Scott (owner of the "zoo")December 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM

    As always it was a pleasure spending the day with you! I was most surprised though that you were actually able to sit down for 8 hours and watch football!

    Am I the only one that thinks that perhaps Sofia takes too much pleasure in telling the chickens that she eats their unborn babies????

    ReplyDelete