Wednesday, December 11, 2013

11

...words to describe my volunteering experience from the Hutch Holiday Gala:

It was not as fun as I thought it would be.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible or anything; I just didn't get to see as much of the auctions as I had hoped for, and some of the (non-Hutch) people I worked with weren't as friendly as one would have expected.



That being said, I met some truly lovely people too; among the organizers as well as the guests. And it sure was interesting to listen in on some of the bidding... Seattle really has some generous individuals who are willing to pay a lot for luxurious golf trips and helicopter rides, all for the benefit of the Hutch. For that I am very grateful! I'm not sure if we live in the same universe, but the truth is we couldn't do what we do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment