Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Fare thee well, 2013!

It's time to say goodbye, farewell, adieu. Out with the old, in with the new! 2013 has been an incredibly eventful and most memorable year. I'm the first to admit that there have been times of fatigue and despair, but as I leaf through my calendar I can't help but smile at all the awesome things I have experienced during the past twelve months.

Babies have been born and cuddled with: Cian, Aiden, Felix, Emil.
Cities and places have been explored: Washington D.C., Whistler, Portland, Oak Ridge, Vancouver Island, Olympic Peninsula.
Friends and family have visited: Patrik, Anton (twice), Anders, Sofia, Martin, Tomas, Kerstin, mum, dad, Erik + friends.

I've experienced 4th of July, gone whale watching, survived a muddy zombie apocalypse (almost), tried square dancing, finished my first full marathon, and celebrated Christmas with my extended family. I've met such wonderful individuals and made so many new friends, learned so much at work, and connected with a whole bunch of interesting professionals. Music, movies, food, sports... The list of explorations goes on and on. And tonight it's time for another first: New Year's Eve at Kiran's. I can hardly wait!

To all of you: Happy New Year - Gott Nytt År! I have no idea what 2014 has in store for me, or even what part of the world I will reside in a year from now.

But I know this: I will see you on the other side.

2 comments:

  1. Gott nytt år Sofia! Önskar Ralph o Anton

    ReplyDelete