Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Saturday getaway

On Saturday I joined Shani for a day trip to Port Townsend on the Olympic Peninsula, a 2-hour drive she makes every so often to see her mother who lives there. This time I tagged along, taking the chance to get out of the city and explore the cute old seaport town.


Besides being a maritime center for boatbuilders and sailors, the main attractions are the town's beautiful Victorian buildings and Fort Worden State Park. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of military history, so I skipped out on the actual fort and walked along the beach to the Point Wilson Lighthouse instead. My first stop, however, was the oddly named Better Living Through Coffee.

Lunch: coffee (Sumatra Dark) and organic lentil soup.


Then up the hill I went...


...to enjoy the view.


Uptown/Downtown.


On my way to the lighthouse.







All in all, the getaway was a most pleasant one, and a terrific opportunity to get to know my beloved Pacific Northwest a little better.

Finally, a bit of advice: do not - I repeat, do not - miss out on the super cozy Owl Sprit cafe if you happen to be in the area. Their delicious cherry pie made its way to my stomach before I had time to take a picture; perhaps I will have to come back for another piece... (Thanks for the tip, DT!)

PS. Spring! Springspringspring!

No comments:

Post a Comment